HPS is now providing discharge patient counseling to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospital readmissions and keep primary care physicians informed about their patient’s treatment after a hospital admission.
Our goals include:
- Fill gaps in patient care by identifying discrepancies in a patient’s medication regimen after a hospital admission.
- Identify issues that led them to the hospital and educate them on how to successfully manage their medications and disease state.
- Decrease hospital readmissions through education and adherence counseling and improving quality of life through minimization of preventable adverse effects.
- Increase patient satisfaction by creating an open line of communication between the patient and a caring Pharmacist.
- Provide a valuable program to our Texas hospital partners that also meets the criteria for the Texas Medicaid Section 1115 Waiver.