Download the latest company newsletter.
What We Do
Hunter Pharmacy Services, Inc. provides a cost effective means to alleviate the burden of pharmacy management. We provide a high quality operation compliant with all regulatory agencies and strive to reduce costs while establishing patient safety as our primary goal.
Types of Agreements:
- Monthly Fee Plus Salaries: A monthly fee is based upon the size of the hospital or census. Actual salary and benefit cost of personnel are passed through to the facility.
- Sliding Scale Program: This includes a pass through for personnel plus a sliding scale management fee based on average monthly census.
- Purchasing Program: Hunter Pharmacy Services, Inc. owns the inventory and only charges the hospital for unit use. There are no inventory carrying costs for the hospital. Salaries can be passed through at Hunter Pharmacy Services, Inc's cost.
- Shared Savings: This includes a monthly management fee and a mutually developed shared savings program. Together we will benchmark your current pharmacy cost and develop a pharmacy cost target for our agreement. The target may be based on patient days, cases, adjusted patient days, or adjusted cases.
- Customized Agreements: We will work with you to design a program best suited to your needs and budget.
- Flexibility: All of our agreements can be designed so that supportive pharmacy personnel remain on your payroll or become employees of Hunter Pharmacy Services, Inc..
Hunter Pharmacy Services offers consulting services that will prepare your hospital pharmacy for inspections by regulatory agencies and JCAHO surveys. We assess medication management systems, clinical programs, financial data, and existing practices to improve your pharmacy operations and reduce costs.
Whether Management or Consulting Services are utilized, we strive to improve pharmacy services by providing excellent resources in the following areas:
Staff recruitment, training, and support
Background and licensure verification
Competence Assessments and Credentialing
Annual Job Performance Evaluations
- Financial Management
Charge master management
Budget Preparation and Adherence
Cost Reduction Strategies
- Clinical Services
On call Clinical Pharmacist Support
Clinical Program and System Development
Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee Oversight
Automatic Therapeutic Substitutions
IV to PO Conversions for Cost Effective Therapy
Pharmacy and Nursing Staff Inservices
- Ensured Regulatory Compliance
State Board of Pharmacy regulations
CMS Interpretive Guidelines
IV Admixture and USP Chapter 797 requirements
Patient Safety Initiatives
Controlled Substance Audits and System Improvements
- Improved Operational Efficiencies
New Hospital Pharmacies Start up
Redesign of existing Hospital Pharmacies
Improved Labor Efficiencies
Provision of Pharmacy Computer Software
Provision of interfaced Clinical Software
Automated Dispensers integration
Computerized Order Entry
Bedside Bar Code Scanning