Hospital Pharmacy Management Services
HPS provides a high quality, cost effective hospital pharmacy management solution that is compliant with all regulatory agency rules and standards. We strive to reduce costs while establishing patient safety as our primary goal.
Our management services cover all aspects of hospital pharmacy operations, including but not limited to:
- New hospital pharmacy start up
- Redesign of existing hospital pharmacy
- Regulatory agency compliance
- Controlled substance audits and systems improvement
- Staff recruitment, training, and continuing education
- Inventory management and cost reduction strategies
- Clinical pharmacist support, including after hours access
- Improved labor efficiencies
- Performance Improvement programs
- Technology implementation and maintenance for pharmacy information system software, automated dispensers, and bedside bar code scanning
- 340B Program oversight
Our management agreements are flexible and customized to meet the needs of your facility.
Hunter Pharmacy Services offers consulting services that will prepare your hospital pharmacy for inspections by regulatory agencies. We assess medication management systems, clinical programs, financial data, and existing practices to help you improve pharmacy operations and reduce costs.
Remote Order Entry and Verification
Hunter goes beyond the expected --- providing additional services that supplement your on-site pharmacist coverage. Our remote order entry and verification service is one of the specialized services we offer. It is a cost effective way to address staff shortages and to comply with TJC regulations.
Here is what remote order entry and verification can bring to your facility…
- Pharmacist review of physician orders
- Drug regimen review to assess each order for drug interactions, proper dosing and other clinical concerns
- Reduce medication errors through increased pharmacist oversight and clinical interventions
- Allows for renal, aminoglycoside and Vancomycin dosing by remote pharmacist
Remote Prescription Approval System (RePAS-patent pending)
Hunter Pharmacy Services, Inc. has developed a cost-effective, real-time solution to provide supervision of technicians and timely review of physician orders for significantly less expense than an on-site Pharmacist. Each remote hospital pharmacy is equipped with a real-time audio/video communications workstation and a high-resolution image camera to record drug images for each prescription approved. The remote pharmacy will be in constant contact with a RePAS Pharmacist for prescription approvals and technician supervision.
HPS’ RePAS solution provides the following industry leading features:
- Low cost solution
- Pharmacist oversight & prescription approval
- Image capture of each prescribed drug
- Real-time audio/video communications
- On-line access to pharmacy medication profile
- Archival storage/retrieval of images
- Can be utilized to achieve TSBP compliance or enhance existing service with improved timeliness of Pharmacist oversight
Free Standing Emergency Departments & Ambulatory Surgery Center Consulting
Hunter Pharmacy Services, Inc. can provide consulting for free standing emergency departments and ambulatory surgery centers. We have a team of exceptional pharmacists and technicians that have years of diversified experience. We can take your free standing emergency center or ambulatory surgery center from pre-license phase to fully operational.
Our Services Include:
- Obtaining Pharmacy License
- Controlled Substance Licensing
- Setting up automated dispensing machines
- Developing applicable policies and protocols
- Training on site staff
- Determining vendors and drug formulary
- Initial and continued regulatory compliance
- Available for drug information questions and regulatory questions
Patient Counseling Initiative
HPS is now providing discharge patient counseling to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospital readmissions and keep primary care physicians informed about their patient’s treatment after a hospital admission.
Our goals include:
- Fill gaps in patient care by identifying discrepancies in a patient’s medication regimen after a hospital admission.
- Identify issues that led them to the hospital and educate them on how to successfully manage their medications and disease state.
- Decrease hospital readmissions through education and adherence counseling and improving quality of life through minimization of preventable adverse effects.
- Increase patient satisfaction by creating an open line of communication between the patient and a caring pharmacist.
- Provide a valuable program to our Texas hospital partners that also meets the criteria for the Texas Medicaid Section 1115 Waiver.